Tips for Preventing Electrical Fires in Montgomery County
Thousands of people lose their homes, their lives, and the things they love every year due to electrical fires. You can preventing electrical fires in your Montgomery area home with our services. You may not ever think about the electricity in your home, but now is the time! The National Fire Protection Association lists the following as electrical safety tips for you and your home, prevent electrical fires, and keep your family safe, comfortable and to have ease-of-mind!
U.S. fire departments responded to an estimated annual average of 47,820 reported home structure fires involving electrical failure or malfunction in 2007-2011. These fires resulted in 455 civilian deaths, 1,518 civilian injuries and $1.5 billion in direct property damage.
- Replace or repair damaged or loose electrical cords.
- Avoid running extension cords across doorways or under carpets.
- In homes with small children, make sure your home has tamper-resistant (TR) receptacles.
- Consider having additional circuits or outlets added by a qualified electrician so you do not have to use extension cords.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for plugging an appliance into a receptacle outlet.
- Avoid overloading outlets. Plug only one high-wattage appliance into each receptacle outlet at a time.
- If outlets or switches feel warm, frequent problems with blowing fuses or tripping circuits, or flickering or dimming lights, call a qualified electrician.
- Place lamps on level surfaces, away from things that can burn and use bulbs that match the lamp’s recommended wattage.
- Make sure your home has ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) in the kitchen bathroom(s), laundry, basement, and outdoor areas.
- Arc-fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) should be installed in your home to protect electrical outlets.
Considering the possibilities now? Call America’s Best Mechanical & Electrical today and schedule your electrical safety inspection today! You can prevent your home from unnecessary damages and loss with a simple inspection! America’s Best is always here for your electrical, air conditioning and heating needs – day or night – even at 2 in the morning on a Sunday! Preventing electrical fires will allow you to live with a relaxed mind, knowing that you will never have to worry again!
Follow us on Facebook for more tips, tricks and discount promotions! Need a quick link? Request your electrical safety inspection here, and begin to feel the relief of an electrically safe & sound home today!
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Tax Credits Available!
Get $$$ back for your charging station! The Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act reauthorized the tax credit for alternative fuel vehicle refueling property until December 31, 2016. This federal tax credit provides buyers significant tax savings and a great incentive for organizations considering installing electric vehicle charging stations. Amount of Credit If your charging…Read More
- Know If Your Contractor is Following Proper Licensing Procedures in Bensalem!
According to the Attorney General’s website, attorneygeneral.gov, the law requires contractors to register with the Attorney General’s office. However, this registration is not an endorsement of their honesty or quality of work. For this reason, in addition to seeing whether a contractor is registered with the Attorney General’s office, you should also: Thoroughly check your…Read More